Thoughts of an American Centrist

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Re: Dick Durbin.... I don't care

Sorry I haven't been posting the last couple of days, I've been swamped with work. But, in a brief hiatus from the eternal throb of deadlines, I'd like to take a moment to post about a topic that I don't care about.

Like the Newsweek Koran abuse story before it, I really don't care what Dick Durbin recently said on the Senate floor. Yes, he was out of line. Yes, he was wrong. Yes, he was insulting. He got a good smack upside the head from everyone in the media, the blogosphere, and the entire VRWC. Can we get over it now? Politicians make very bad statements every day. Dick Cheney told a Distinguished Senator to F--- Off a couple of years ago. Just yesterday, Rep John Hostettler accused Democrats of waging jihad on Christianity.

To all these little faux-pas, I say, so what? Politicians say stuipid things. What Dick Durbin said was extremely insulting to our soldiers. Duly noted. The soldiers of Illinois will remember come polling day. Until then, let's move on to something else.

1 Comments:

  • Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home