Thoughts of an American Centrist

Monday, May 23, 2005

A Good Day for Centrism

So some Senators actually managed to hammer out a bipartisan compromise regarding the filibuster. I'm going to leave the detailed analysis to Charging RINO, but I thought I'd weigh in as well.

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm very very supportive of this compromise. Sure, the critics will be whining like crazy about people who can't choose sides and hell to pay in the primaries. It is also true that there is no enforceable aspect of this compromise. We'll talk about all that tomorrow. For tonight, however, the tone of genuine camaraderie on display tonight gave me a bit of renewed hope in the stately house of Congress.

Let's see if it can hold when a spot on the Supreme Court opens up. I certainly hope it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home