Thoughts of an American Centrist

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Big Gain Hunting

If you watched NBC Nightly News tonight you saw a summary of a great Washington Post story by Mark Kaufman about mega-rich hunters that score huge tax write-offs by donating the dead animals they hunt to museums. In fact, these write-offs are so lucrative that they are advertised by Chicago Appraisers as a way to "Hunt for free." (Wisely, Chicago Appraisers has removed the section about Big Game Tax donations since the maelstorm broke.) Read the whole story here.

Normally, I'd support the cause of hunters. However, this rare species of sportsman must do without my endorsement. I don't know about you guys, but I really don't want my hard earned tax money being used to subsidize millionaires hunting endangered species.

1 Comments:

  • Hello,
    I was out blogging and ran across your blog. From what little time I got to spend on your blog, everything looks good. I will return for future visits.

    Best Regards,
    http://www.butleroutdoorstore.com

    By Anonymous Outdoor Electronics, at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home